- This event has passed.
Kids Can Catch Ice Fishing!
February 18 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| Free
Always wanted to try ice fishing but just don’t have the know-how? This event is for you! Join Alberta Conservation Association (ACA) and partners to give ice fishing a try at Wabamun Lake on February 18, 2017 from 10 am to 3 pm. How does it work?
• Park at Waterfront Park located at the end of 50th Street in the Village of Wabamun.
• Bring a toboggan to pull your folding chairs, snacks and extra jackets to the event on the ice.
• Sign in at the TransAlta/ACA registration tent.
• Pick up a loaner ice fishing rod and fishing tips from Cabela’s.
• Find a pre-drilled ice fishing hole and drop a line.
• Ask roving fishing mentors for help with your rod and reel, ice fishing tips, and how safely handle and release fish.
Afraid you’ll get a little chilly? Warm up with free hot chocolate care of Parkland County and try fishing from inside a Cabela’s ice fishing tent. There are hot dogs and snacks for hungry anglers, thanks to Wabamun Chamber of Commerce. Bring your skates and hockey sticks, too. The Village of Wabamun will clear a skating oval and rink for pond hockey on the lake.
Event: Wabamun Lake Kids Can Catch
Location: Wabamun Lake, at the end of 50th Street in the Village of Wabamun
When: February 18, 2017, 10 am to 3 pm
Parking: Waterfront Park, 50th Street, Village of Wabamun (no parking on the ice)
Registration: Opens noon February 1 on albertakidscancatch.com. Read the event FAQs!
Wabamun Lake Kids Can Catch is on Alberta’s Family Fishing Weekend, so no fishing licences are required. Free hotdogs and hot chocolate and ice fishing rods on loan, while supplies last.
This event is part of the Kids Can Catch Program in which ACA teams up with local organizations and businesses to create opportunities for families to fish and learn about responsible angling. Find out more at albertakidscancatch.com.
Sheila Campbell – ACA – 587-340-3829 – email@example.com
SUBMIT EVENTLet everyone know about
GET CONNECTEDJoin the Circle of Friends for email alerts and updates.
CONTACT USDidn't catch that number? Need our address? Find it here.