Shine Fm Blog
Facts On Fatherhood
- 50% of the average guys will become a dad
- 10% of the average guys faint during the delivery
- 10% of the average guys preserve the miracle on video
- Tuesday is the day most "storks" and newborns arrive
- 5% of average guys would have a daughter if they could choose the gender of their child
- 10% of men say they aren't comfortable handling a baby
- 10% of men experience postpartum depression
- 25% of dads don't take paternity leave
- 143,000 men take permanent leave to become a stay-at-home dad
- 5.6 million women are stay-at-home moms
- One reason more moms than dads take on the stay-at-home task is the average baby is breast-fed
- The average guy is "happy that his wife and child share the bond of breast feeding"
- 2 children is the number of children the average guy has
- 10% of men spawn more than 4 children
- 20% of men would instill healthier eating habits in their kids than they had growing up
- 42% of average guys spend less than 2 hours a day with their kids
- 25% of men consider their father's parenting skills as "below average;" the major reason is he didn't show enough love
- The average father's top parenting fear: His kid will run with a bad crowd
- The average father's biggest parenting problem is not enough money
- 22% of men think kids should reimburse their parents for raising them
- 25% of men believe having a child will help keep their marriage from turning sour
- 90% of current fathers would still want kids if they had to do it over
The Shine FMHow can we pray for you?
SUBMIT EVENTLet everyone know about
GET CONNECTEDJoin the Circle of Friends for
email alerts and updates.
CONTACT USDidn't catch that number?
Need our address? Find it here.